Sunday 22 February 2015

He Came From a Place of Openness and Truth by Bonnie Jo Stufflebeam


9/100

This whole thing started out as a YA teen angst kind of story that turned into an alien abduction with a twist.

I'm not sure if I liked it or not.  I've discovered, this past year, that I am not a fan of young adult fiction - since I'm nearly 50.

What I ultimately found disappointing was how it all ended.  I would rather have the author utilize some of the alien awesomeness she introduced instead of going for a cheap happy ending.  It's strange really, you would think this ending, which is kind of different, would work but, somehow, it just fell flat for me.

I decided - I'm still not sure if I like it or not.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about this story.

Maybe that's the point.

Bonnie Jo Stufflebeam's website is here:  http://bonniejostufflebeam.com/

You can read her story here in the Lightspeed Magazine website:
http://www.lightspeedmagazine.com/fiction/came-place-openness-truth/

Bonnie Jo Stufflebeam




No comments: